Its known as Mountain of God" in the Maasai language, is an active volcano located in the Gregory Rift, south of Lake Natron within the Arusha Region of Tanzania, Africa.
Its element of the volcanic system of the East African Rift, it distinctively produces natrocarbonatite lava.
3Days: Oldonyolengai Trekking
Day 1: Departure from Arusha at 7.00 a.m. and drive to Ngaresero village Lake Natron with full lunch. This will take about 8 hours driving and you have dinner and overnight at Kamakia camp.
Day 2: At very early morning 1.00 a.m. drive to the base of the Oldonyo Lengai Mountain to start the climb. Attain at the summit during sunup and spend few minutes there before coming down to the bottom of the mountain. Starting their customers will be transferred to Kamakia camp for shower and rest and then having dinner and overnight at Kamakia camp.
Day 3: Breakfast. Drive back to Arusha
- 2 transfers from Arusha to Oldonyo Lengai - return
- 3 meals per day while trekking
- Climb of Oldonyo Lengai
- First and last night accommodation at hotel in Arusha Bed & Breakfast
- All fees and government levies
- English speaking mountain guide and assistant
Price does not include :
- Visa, Insurance, issue of personal nature, Tips, Gloves, sleeping bags, sunglasses, hats, rain suits, warm jacket, heavy boots, scarfs, rain trousers.
- Note: All the above items can be hired at a reasonable price